What’s Happening at St. Andrew’s!
Lunch Stop on the Lawn
Tuesday, July 4, 2017
Join us on the church front lawn before the Downers Grove Independence Day Parade!
11 AM until 1 PM
For Parishioners, friends, community members, and passers-by.
Enjoy FREE grilled hot dogs, water, and chips under our “Big Tent” set up with tables and chairs for all to gather, relax, and enjoy good food and great fellowship. We’ll also have games and entertainment for children – including a bouncy house!
INVITE YOUR FAMILY, NEIGHBORS, AND FRIENDS!
If you would like to volunteer to help, see the sign up sheet in the Gathering Space.
Vacation Bible School
July 24-28, 2017
Registration is open online at http://www.myvbs.org/saintandrewsdg
We are looking for children to register for an amazing week and adult volunteers! Tell your friends.
What it Means to Be an Episcopalian
Are you curious? Join the Summer Sessions!
- An adult or youth (16 or over)?
- Relatively new to St. Andrew’s?
- From another faith tradition?
- Interested in learning and discussing what makes a Christian an Episcopalian?
- Seeking confirmation or reception at the Bishop’s visit to St. Andrew’s September 2017?
Then these sessions are for you!
- Five Sessions: July 9, 16, 23, 30 and August 6
- Sundays, 9 AM – 10 AM (between the two services)
- Discussions led by Father Gregg and Deacon Tom
What to do if you are interested:
- Sign up in the Gathering Space, or call the church office (630) 968-9188
- Questions about the program? Ask Gregg or Tom!
- Attendance at all five sessions is NOT required for confirmation or reception
Kane County Cougars vs Cedar Rapids Iowa Kernels
Wednesday, August 22, 2017
Game Starts 6:30 PM
Join us for a rousing summertime event! Seats will be together on the first base line!
Contact Jeff Heller or Kurt Wiesner for reserved seat tickets $7.50. Please buy tickets ASAP so that we can obtain more seats if needed.
We will plan to arrange carpools!
To get to the stadium in Geneva, IL
I-88 to Farnsworth Ave./Kirk Road, north to chrry Lane.
Golf Outing and Dinner
Saturday, August 26, 2017
1 PM first tee time
Join us for St. Andrew’s all-parish outing.
Downers Grove Park District Golf Course – Dinner following at St. Andrew’s
We have 12 tee times reserved for 48 people. $35 fee includes golf green fee, electric cart, and prizes.
Golf should be completed between 4 and 4:30; dinner immediately following at church.
Sign up in the Gathering Space – for golf, dinner or both!